This chapter introduces new features, as well as the improvements & enhancements that can be found in the latest release of SketchBook.
For what’s new in other languages, check out the following links:
If you are the kind of person who likes to roll the dice and leave things to chance, we dig it. Randomized color has been added to SketchBook. Quickly lay down varying colored strokes using the same brush. In the Color Editor, tap the arrow at the bottom of the Color Wheel to enable Randomize and set how crazy you want to get.
We designed the interface of SketchBook to keep you in the zone, free of distractions, so you can focus on drawing. We know that sometimes the screen you’re drawing on is small, so we added a feature to hide interface elements that are a little too close to your finger when drawing.
Now, purchase a SketchBook Subscription using your Google Play account, right here on your mobile device. A SketchBook Subscription unlocks the SketchBook Pro features across all your devices, including Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android, with a single purchase.
We’ve updated device compatibility requirements, so you can still install Autodesk® SketchBook® on devices without a back-end camera.
This is a small update to improve the performance of the app for artists using Apple Pencil and other types of Bluetooth-connected styluses.
- The lag you experienced when zoomed into the canvas has been fixed.
- For Nexus 5X(6.0) users, the scanning preview issue has been fixed.
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements.
Android and iOS 3.6
- Scan Sketches – We help you to scan a drawing with perspective correction and background clean-up to make it into digital art. Choose from color or black and white. Show/hide the image’s background.
- The efficiency of file saving has greatly improved. Large canvases are two times faster!
- Apple Pencil support for new iPad Pro
- Property values were corrected for reset Smudge and Synthetic paint brushes
- The iCloud storage experience has greatly improved
- The layer thumbnail update issue was resolved
- Fix offset issue when quickly drawing multiple lines
- Improve color picker accessibility when using the continuous press and hold gesture
- Inking brush – the most wanted SketchBook desktop brush is now yours on mobile